Guwahati, April 2, 2013 (By Jyotirmoy Kashyap): Sujit Das is an Indian Painter who has collected numerous awards both national and international. Now he has earned his place in the Guinness Book of World Records. Born (1980) to Sri Kamakhya Chandra Das and Khama Das in Nagaon, Assam, Sujit has earned diploma (Visharad & Kalaratna) in Visual Arts from All India Music and Cultural Society, Kolkata. He is also a Bachelor in Mass Communication and has diploma in Electronic Engineering from Assam Institute of Electronics.
- No Plan to Scrap 140-Year-Old Law for Entry: Arunachal Govt
- Deport Chakma-Hajong refugees from Arunachal: President urged
- China's mild reaction results in strong opposition from Arunachal
- Deport Chakma-Hajong refugees from Arunachal, Prez told
- Arunachal CM criticises China for reacting to Prez visit
- India State Elections: Aam Aadmi Party Stuns In New Delhi
- India's opposition aims to ride momentum for 2014 after big state wins
- Best pictures of the day - live
- Aloft Hotels Makes Landmark Debut in Dalian, the “Hong Kong of the North”
- 'Cyber-Hindus' - India's new breed of political activists
Guwahati, April 1 (by Jyotirmoy Kashyap): People call it as the Manchester of the east, Sualkuchi is a small township of Kamrup district of Assam known for its artistic work of silk for generations. Promoting globally the Northeast Indian state of Assam, Sualkuchi is known for the clothing made from Pat-Muga yearns bearing the colorful reflections of the dreams of those artisans, who work hard to earn their living producing this finest clothing. But the peace of this semi-urban town has been shattered in the last few days.
Guwahati, March 18: Over the past two decades India’s ‘Look East’ policy has been complemented by Thailand’s ‘Look West’ policy in bringing the two countries closer. India and Thailand are celebrating 65 years of their diplomatic relations in 2012. Bilateral Trade has multiplied six times since 2000 to cross US$ 6.6 billion in 2010. Bilateral Trade for the annual year 2011 is USD 8.19 billion and in Jan-Apr 2012 it has reached USD 2.8 billion.
Guwahati, March 11: Maria’s Public School, Guwahati, Assam sent a delegation of six students and two teacher advisors to UNIS-UN, 2013. They set off on 3rd March to attend the Global Conference at UNIS-UN, New York and returns on 18th March. An initiative, taken by Mrs. Nellie Ahmed Tanweer, the Managing Trustee, to send students to UNIS, UN so that they interact and become global students. It has become an annual feature in the diary of the Marians since its first team visited in the year 2007.